Back

RAILWAYS OF BRAZILS
In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo


Guarujá station, on Pitangueiras beach, was the final stop of the tramway. In 1935, a year after the seaside resort of Guarujá became an independent municipality, the old station was replaced by a new one. Steam locomotives initially traveled the line, but were replaced by trams when the line became electric.