Back

RAILWAYS OF BRAZILS
In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo


Fazenda Guatapará station, pictured here in 1905, was located on the coffee farm of the same name. This farm had more than two thousand employees, the vast majority of them Italian, and a private railway that operated until 1960. In 1901 the Companhia Paulista inaugurated Guatapará station, which wasn’t connected to the farm’s private railway until 1914, when the Monteiros branch line of the Companhia Mogiana arrived.