Back

RAILWAYS OF BRAZILS
In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo

Blumenau station, with its typical German architecture, circa 1930. Blumenau was founded in 1850 by the German Hermann Bruno Otto Blumenau. In 1878 the settlement was raised to the status of parish and, in 1880, to municipality. Today the City Hall building is located on the site of the former railway station.