In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo

Train pulled by a steam locomotive at Hamburgo-Berg station, in a postcard dated 1919. Inaugurated in 1903, on the extension of the Novo Hamburgo to Taquara line. In 1919, because of the First World War, the city was renamed Genuíno Sampaio and, in 1920, owing to public demand, it received its current name of Hamburgo Velho. The line that it served from Novo Hamburgo to Canela was deactivated in 1963.