In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo

The Estrada de Ferro de Bragança had a very important branch line, inaugurated in 1906 and extending 15 kilometers, that left Entroncamento station, six kilometers from Belém, and headed north, to the port of Pinheiro, where an iron dock had been built to unload coal. Another branch line, inaugurated in 1904 and extending 26 kilometers, linked Bragança to the Benjamin Constant community further south. In 1922, the Estrada de Ferro de Bragança was declared a national landmark. The railway ceased operations in the 1960s, when it was part of the Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (RFFSA).