Back

RAILWAYS OF BRAZILS
In Postcards and Souvenir Albuns
João Emilio Gerodetti e Carlos Cornejo


Uruquê station, approximately 220 kilometers from Fortaleza, the capital city of the state of Ceará, on a postcard printed circa 1905. Inaugurated on August 4, 1894, this station was later renamed Francisco Sá, in memory of a company engineer who twice served as minister of transport. The small stations along the Estrada de Ferro de Baturité were built with elaborate architectural details, such as window and door frames, and lacework on the roof gables. In the background one can see the mountainous landscape of the surrounding region of Quixadá, about 30 kilometers away.