This postcard shows old buildings perched on the hillsides of Salvador’s
Cidade Alta (High City) around 1910. This view from the Lacerda Elevator
also features the steep street Ladeira da Montanha (at the foot of the ridge), a
panorama of the Cidade Baixa (Low City), and the docks of the port region.
The towers in the far background, at the top of the bluff, belong to the Igreja de
Nossa Senhora da Misericórdia and the Catedral Basílica de São Salvador.
This urban landscape has been almost completely preserved.