BACK

SHIPS AND PORTS OF BRAZIL
In Postcards and Souvenir Albums
João Emílio Gerodetti and Carlos Cornejo

Sailing ships moored at Rio Grande's Porto Velho. Inaugurated on July 12, 1888, this maritime facility also served as a terminal for Estrada de Ferro Rio Grande-Bagé. In 1905 the government took control of this railroad, consolidating it with another, the Viação Férrea do Rio Grande do Sul (VFRGS).