BACK

SHIPS AND PORTS OF BRAZIL
In Postcards and Souvenir Albums
João Emílio Gerodetti and Carlos Cornejo

With Pão de Açúcar [Sugar Loaf] mountain in the distance, at left, the Principessa Mafalda steams out of Guanabara Bay, Rio de Janeiro, around 1920. The ship was built for Lloyd Italiano, which in 1918 was taken over by Navigazione Generale Italiana. Altogether, the Principessa Mafalda's first, second, and third classes could accommodate 1,530 passengers. In this illustration her funnels are painted the NGI colors.